If you know the basics of tree pruning and tree trimming, perhaps you can deal with almost all the aspects of this work by yourself. Take note that there are different types of great pruning methods and trimming tips that can assist you to keep up your trees in good condition. With the right equipment and knowledge, you can perform tree pruning as needed to maintain their health and appearance and to eliminate potentially hazardous dead branches and other typical issues. However, if you want a stress-free and effective tree trimming session, it would be best to hire a certified arborist to do it for you.
WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE YOUR TREES PRUNED?
Trees are trimmed due to 3 main purposes: healthy, security, or aesthetics
An infected tree may potentially be treated and saved by strategically trimming away influenced branches and limbs. Thinning the tree’s crown can boost airflow, making it more helpful. When branches rub or cross together, make sure to have them removed or trimmed so that they won’t suddenly fall.
Broken or dead branches and limbs can fall off anytime, making at an extreme safety risk to the people and your property. Once the tree’s branches obstruct your vision as you drive, consider having it trimmed as soon as possible. Tree limbs and branches grow too near the utility lines sometimes. If this happens, reach out to the utility company to deal with this problem and never fix it yourself since it could be risky.
Tree pruning can help a tree to keep up its appearance and shape efficiently. Although, you need to refrain from imposing unnatural dimensions or shapes on your tree. The amount of trimming and pruning that will be needed can extremely harm it.
Tips for tree trimming
- Never trim your tree branches too long or too near. You should never remove a branch collar or leave a massive stub.
- Try pruning branches away once they are still young since they can cope better with this at this time. Moreover, the possibility of leaving unwanted scars will be minimized.
- After you finish pruning, the dwelling crown to the height of the tree’s ratio must 2/3.
- Lateral branches must range from ½ and ¾ that the stem’s diameter at the point of attachment. If not, they will eventually be needed to eliminate it.
- The branches you should cut must only those that have narrow angles, V-shaped, and feeble ones. For branches with powerful and U-shaped angle, they need to be retained.
- Learn about the branch size that you want to remove. If it’s less than 5 cm in diameter, then it is okay to remove it. When it is 5-10 cm in diameter, then, you don’t have to do it. When it goes beyond 10 cm. in diameter, then you must only do this if it’s really necessary.
- It’s always better to prune or trim your trees during its dormant season. For greater results, hire a certified arborist to perform such tree services in Decatur IL today.